Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.
– Margaret Mead
- CFI is a small all-volunteer food safety nonprofit dedicated to improving food protections for consumers. We have a record of accomplishing a great deal on a very limited budget.
- CFI’s leadership adheres to a science-based approach to food safety and has an excellent reputation for providing highly credible presentations, public comments and publications about food safety issues.
- CFI works very hard to raise awareness about foodborne illness. We have given numerous presentations in public forums. We have a Facebook page and Info Sheets dedicated to food safety topics. We participated in the 2009 documentary Food Inc.
- CFI focuses on the impacts that foodborne illness imposes on consumers. We examine the physical, emotional and economic costs related to foodborne disease.
- CFI strives to be on the fore-front of new approaches and technologies. CFI’s 2015 report on culture-independent diagnostic testing examines the impact that this new technology has had on foodborne illness surveillance.
CFI has participated in important food safety campaigns:
- FDA Food Safety Modernization Act, enacted January 2011
- USDA Label for Mechanically Tenderized Beef products, implemented 2016
- Improved data sharing agreements between U.S. Department of Agriculture and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2007-Present
- Improved funding for state and national foodborne illness surveillance, 2007-Present
- Improved understanding of the long-term health outcomes of foodborne diseases, including a 2009 White Paper and an international “Long-Term Health Outcomes Public Meeting and Workshop,” 2012.
- CFI has served on numerous food safety forums, including (but not limited to):
- Alliance for a Stronger FDA
- FDA Science Board
- Make Our Food Safe coalition
- National Advisory Committee for Meat and Poultry Inspection
- National Advisory Committee for the Microbiological Criteria for Food
- National Conference on Interstate Milk Shipments
- Partnership for Food Safety Education
- Safe Food Coalition
- Supporters of Agricultural Research
- U.S. Stakeholder Forum on Antimicrobial Resistance
- CFI’s educational outreach is done primarily through its website, but many of our presentations, interviews and blogs are also focused on increasing the audience’s knowledge about foodborne illness and safe food practices.
- CFI’s Document Library is available here.
- Information about CFI presentations is available here.
THE CENTER FOR FOODBORNE ILLNESS RESEARCH & PREVENTION | firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2016 All rights reserved | Website managed by bluecrab marketing